Familes are Forever

Familes are Forever

Friday, August 24, 2012

The Story of Us: Top tier of the Wedding Cake


Usually the top tier of the wedding cake is saved for the 1st Anniversary.

We decided to eat ours on our first month anniversary, didn't want frost bite.

I took it out of the freezer the night before, excited for the next evening.

Of course the next evening we had our first "big fight", I don't remember what it was about. All I remember is we went to bed angry with each other. Backs toward each other, me silently crying and Alex breathing hard in frustration. Neither of this was able to fall asleep. After about a half hour of silence. The following happened.

Me: ENOUGH OF THIS! FOLLOW ME!

Alex didn't say a word but followed me to the kitchen. I reached into the silverware drawer and pulled out this.

His eyes grew big
Me: (while shaking knife) THAT IS IT! WE ARE GOING TO DO THIS AND DO IT NOW!!!
 
Alex: Um.....do what?
 
Me:  (still shaking knife) CUT THE CAKE AND ENJOY IT!!!
 
He started to laugh hysterically, which sent me into tears. (I blame it now on the pregnancy hormones but we didn't know I was pregnant at the time)

Cause while I thought that I was ending our argument with a peace offering of our wedding cake this is what he saw:

He thought I had lost my mind and was going to kill him, which brought me to more tears. I stormed off to bed and he followed trying to apologize. Trying to talk me to come back to the kitchen to eat the cake.
Lets just say that never happened and unfortunately I was to stubborn the next few days to even consider it. And by the time I was ready the cake was no longer good.
We both laugh about it now, I hope it is a story our children will enjoy hearing, the day mommy almost killed daddy. 






2 comments:

Jaclyn M said...

I sooooo needed a good laugh. Thanks babe!

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Oh too funny. Just the sort of ridiculous fight that happens the first year of marriage!