Familes are Forever

Familes are Forever

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

What book(s) are you reading right now?


Right now I am reading Black Beauty from the Great Illustrated Classics with my kids.


My kids love to read, especially Lydia. Together we have read:
The Ramona Series
Charlotte's Web
100 Dresses

She has just started kindergarten and has caught right on to reading.
It makes me so excited to see her love for reading because it is one
of my favorite things to do, I have shelves full of books.
I can't wait until she is old enough to read them with me:
The Work and The Glory series
The Harry Potter series
The Babysitters club
and many other books by mostly LDS authors.

My Grandpa Greer helped create my love for reading.
We had our own little book club, he would read a book
and then give it to me to borrow and we would
discuss the book when I was finished.
I would get so excited when he got a new book
because I knew that I would get to read it next.
Eventually I wanted the books at the same time so we
could discuss them as we went along.
He passed away, then grandma did.
As a family going through their things when asked what
I wanted: I asked for his Work and the Glory Series.
That was all I wanted, so I now have 2 complete copies .
But only one has special memories.
I was able to take a few other books too.
I miss him.


2 comments:

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Love Black Beauty. We haven't done that one, but we've done a couple of Little House on the Prairie, the old school Winnie the Pooh, The Mouse and the Motorcycle, and Wind in the Willows.

heather said...

I think the last time I read Black Beauty was when I was in fifth grade. Maybe I should give it another go!