Familes are Forever

Familes are Forever

Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11 Fallen Firefighter tribute.

Pictures of the Fallen Firefighter bike ride.
Alex and I took these and I edited them.
Yesterday approximately 3,000 bikers, and a few firetrucks participated in a Fallen Firefighter Tribute ride from Sandy to South Ogden. Our wonderful South Weber Fire, along with Layton and Uintah hung this huge American Flag across the overpass of the highway they would be riding under towards the end of the ride. It was an amazing site to see, even people not in the ride were honking and waving and many would get off the exit to come take pictures. And when they found out about the ride stayed to watch.

 One elderly woman pulled off and with tears in her eyes took many pictures. She spoke with my husband and one of his Lieutenants, her son is currently serving in Afghanistan and she was so touched to see this tribute and wanted to share it with him. She asked if she could take their picture in front of the flag to send to him. I offered to take the picture for her so she could be in it with them but she told me: No this is not about me. This is about them and the men who serve and all who have died serving our country.

It took a little over 8 minutes for all of the bikes to pass. Below is the video Alex took from his place below the flag, and the one I took (which is shorter) from my view point. Thanks to everyone who came out to support this event. I hope you enjoy the videos.

We have not forgotten. We won't forget. God Bless the USA!




2 comments:

Mom of 12 said...

I heard about the motorcycles, but only after the fact. I would love to have seen them!
Sandy

Together We Save said...

Wow - that sounds awesome. Something I would have loved to see.