Familes are Forever

Familes are Forever

Friday, June 22, 2012

Our Crappy Camping Adventure!

Remember or visit to East Canyon last year over 4th of July?

Well this year Alex's family reunion was to be at East Canyon. We prepared much better this year, we bought a bigger tent, another hammock with a bug cover just in case, and a prep tent that keeps the bugs out while you eat or prepare food.
Our camp site

Taylie has been potty trained and so I didn't think it was a problem having her where panties. Well she had her first accident in 2 weeks while we were there. It was a huge mess. Luckily my SIL had a pull up and we put here in that. She kept it dry the rest of the time.

My boys and Alex at the pool
We had an exhausting day of playing at the playground, unpacking, swimming, and roasting marshmallows. We stayed up late, very late and we were so exhausted. The kids fell right to sleep as did Alex and I.





Sometime in the night AJ decided he needed the bathroom....unable to wake Alex and I because of the events of the day he decided to stick his little bum out the tent door and relief himself. All over the tent, inside the tent, his PJ's and hands. He then proceeded to climb back into the sleeping bag with his twin brother. I awoke to the most awful smell.....I asked if someone had an accident to which they replied Tay was poopy. The diapers and wipes where in the car and it was almost morning so I decided to wait to change her. That and without my contacts I am as blind as a bat. Taylie wasn't poopy.

Come morning we discovered his "gift". He and his brother were covered from head to toe. The sleeping bags, extra blankets and warm clothes we brought them were all ruined. So I stripped them down and walked the quarter mile to the showers only to find they were closed for cleaning. I begged the lady to let me in. I was ready go home. While I showered the boys (Austin was so tired he walked into the shower with his underwear still on) Alex cleaned the tent the best he could and started their clothes and sleeping bags in the laundry machines. Thank goodness we were at a camping resort. It took all day to get the smell out. With help from Julia and Kolya who took febreeze and zipped tied the sprayer down and threw it into our tent.
Uncle Jon and Taylie

I am glad we stayed though we had fun with the nieces and nephews, swimming, napping, and cooking over the campfire.

My nephew Caide and I


Alex managing the fire
We only had a few burned marshmallows. Alex (my fireman) was in charge of the fire and kept it nice although he did teach the kids to start it using bug spray. After one of the twins tried it he decided that wasn't such a great idea.


Saturday we went on Jet Ski's. Never again in my life! I saw my life flash before my eyes! The kids (but AJ) loved it.

All in all it started out crappy but we ended up having a great time.
Lydia and Grandpa Turner
AJ and Grandpa Turner
Thanks to Jody and Tyler, and Jon and Steph for planning it and for My Mother in Law for providing fun toys for the kids. 
The Boys and Grandpa Turner

3 comments:

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Sounds like a fun trip - except for the messy hassles!!

Ashley said...

Wow, what an eventful camping trip. I don't think we have ever had a "normal" camping experience since we have had kids. At least this is a story that you can share for years and years to come :)

Mom of 12 said...

Don't you know that most vacations are way more fun about two weeks after they are over???
Sandy