Familes are Forever

Familes are Forever

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Can I get an Amen?!? And Katy Perry: Our Sunday at Church

So I am LDS. AKA:  A Mormon.
 If you have never attended one of our church meetings let me give you a little back ground. It consists of 3 different classes each about an hour long. We have Sacrament meeting first. This consists of an opening and closing prayer, songs, talks, and the Sacrament. Generally this is a very quiet meeting. No clapping, dancing, and the congregation usually just listens. I say usually because the only time I have seen this different was in Hawaii and when a speaker would say "Aloha Brothers and Sisters" the congregation would reply "Aloha!"
Anyways you are probably wondering how this all relates to Katy Perry. 

 This Sunday it was my Hubby's and I who were assigned the opening and closing prayers. We sat on the second pew as to be close to the front and after the opening song he gave a beautiful prayer.
As he finished with Amen, AJ our oldest twin, wanted to let his Daddy know how proud he was of him.
 He stood up, cupped his mouth and yelled at the top of his lungs:

"Good Job Dad!" 

Alex smiled as his face turned bright red.
He walked across the stage and down the stairs to the sounds of the congregation laughing.
 Luckily he didn't have far to go.
As soon as he reached the pew AJ again loudly but not as loud as before said:

"Good Job Dad!"

Setting off a brand new set of laughter.
The Bishop got up and said:
 "What would it be to have a cheering section like that?"
Before continuing on with the meeting. 
I thought it was absolutely adorable.
Poor AJ got embarrassed and hid in Alex's lap for a good part of the meeting.
I am glad to say my prayer went well too, but with no cheering section.

After Sacrament meeting classes are divided into age groups for one hour and then a meeting just for Ladies and one just for Men. Any children ages 18 months to 3 years attend Nursery. They play with toys, have a snack and a very short lesson. During play time, Alex who is one of the Nursery leaders caught Austin, the other twin walk up to a girl in the class say something and then kiss her on the lips!
My 3 year old baby boy and his first kiss.
Oh dear.

When Alex told me what happened when we got home I asked him why he kissed her.
His response: I don't know but I liked it!
To which my 5 year old screams:
I know that song!
and proceeds to sing Katy Perry's "I Kissed a Girl" chorus word for word.

I was shocked she knew the words! She told me she learned them from our friend's Eight year old son.

As for Austin he said he asked her first.

Well, at least he was a gentleman about it.

As for me I can only imagine what next Sunday will bring.

4 comments:

Rindi said...

I laughed so hard, when he yelled good job dad! So funny. Did he kiss Joye? It wouldn't surprise me if he did. You're kids are so cute!

Tracie said...

Alex couldn't remeber the girls name, said she was a blonde. So it might have been Joye or he thought it might be Stephanie Stanger's little one.

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Sounds like an eventful Sunday! That Katy Perry song is everywhere - hard to avoid it! ;-)

Mom of 12 said...

My sweetie still tells about kissing a girl in Primary during the closing prayer. He was about 5 or 6. His mom was the primary president and she about came unglued. I'm not sure why she had her eyes open...
Sandy