Familes are Forever

Familes are Forever

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Baby and her "baby"

This is Taylie Hope 





She is my baby girl and this is her favorite blanket. She calls it her "baby", she will not sleep without it, play with out it, and if it get lost (knock on wood) Mommy and Daddy tear the house apart and make special trips to Grandma's house to retrieve it.She has MANY other blankets but will have nothing to do with them. They aren't "baby".  She would eat and shower with it if I would let her and will try to sneak it out of the house to play outside with her. She loves her "baby" very much. It is her comfort zone, she wont let you rock her with out it, hides under it when she is hurt or scared and you will find her quite frequently walking around the house with it over her head like a cute little pink ghost.   


Here is what happens when you try to wash her "baby" and she finds out:

This went on the whole wash and dry cycle. Poor thing, it broke my heart. She would only leave the laundry room to come find me and bring me back to the washer and beg for "baby".

Any ideas?

Target doesn't carry this blanket anymore, we checked.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would check ebay or thrift stores, ask family and friends if they have one like it. I bet someone has one just sitting in their closet. Good luck finding one.

Leslie said...

wow. i'm sorry that i am laughing a little at this posting. i love it.

i don't have any ideas, but i sure hope you will let me know when you come up with something. :) this cracks me up... what a sweetheart she is.

THANK YOU for your sweet comment on my blog. i really am doing better as time goes on, but there are some days that i just really need to vent and share my feelings with ... someone.

OH, you could try to find fabric the same color and texture at the fabric store and make a new blanket? i am sure you have thought of that already. :)

Tracie said...

So guys I looked on ebay....and the average cost of this blanket USED is $50!!!! That is more than I paid brand new!! Tried buying similar ones but not helping. It is funny! She makes me laugh. I might have to resort to washing it after she falls asleep. That is if I can pry it out of her fingers.