Familes are Forever

Familes are Forever

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Growing up....

My kids are growing up.... Lydia loves to be a helper and she does it so well. This week she told me "I saw we left my hair stuff out so I am going to take care of it before I go outside." She is so smart. I am so lucky to be her mom. She loves to sing, dance, and make up songs about Jesus. We went shopping today just the two of us it was fun. She said the cutest thing, I asked her if she knew who Joseph Smith was and she said "Yes, He was Jesus father." I tried to explain the diference and that Jesus dad was a differnt Joseph and that Joseph Smith was married to Emma to which she replied "Then what about Mary" We will have to work on that.

The boys are not looking like babies anymore. They are tall and lean. They could play outside for hours mainly "fixing" their toy jeep with their tools or pretending they have firecalls. Alex got a a fire call at our 4th of July BBQ. They were determined go "Go find Daddy, Help with fire" it was hard to distract them. Thanks to Adam and Jeryka and water balloons they kept them fairly entertained till he got back. Alex also took them on their first Daddy/Sons date. They got to ride in Daddy's Jeep and go swimming. They still havent stopped talking about it.

Taylie is starting to try and sit up. She talks, and squeals, and blows raspberries. I swear she said "I love you" tonight. She is 5 months old now and it doesn't seem like that long ago.

Alex as you know from my earlier posts has been working 14 hour days the last two weeks usually starting between 1 and 3 am. He was (and us too!) lucky enough to have a 3 day weekend. Parades, fireworks, games, and carnivals is how we filled our precious time together. I can't wait till we can do it again. I love the summer! We are so blessed!

No comments: