Familes are Forever

Familes are Forever

Thursday, April 19, 2012

The Watcher

The Watcher

by Margaret Widdemer

She always leaned to watch for us
Anxious if we were late,
In winter by the window,
In summer by the gate.
And though we mocked her tenderly
Who had such foolish care,
  The long way home would seem more safe,
Because she waited there.
Her thoughts were all so full of us,
She never could forget,
And so I think that where she is
She must be watching yet.
Waiting ‘til we come home to her
Anxious if we are late
Watching from Heaven’s window
Leaning from Heaven’s gate.


This is a picture of my Grandma Greer
Nothing describes her better than this poem.
Her birthday is next week.
I miss her so much.
I love you Grandma!
I can't wait to meet you at Heaven's Gate!



3 comments:

Jaclyn M said...

Such a cute post!

Ashley said...

Beautiful poem, thanks for sharing!

Mom of 12 said...

I love that! I've been missing my grandma lately. If you remember she passed last September. It will be so nice to see her again.
Sandy